Wednesday 31 October 2007

The Ultimate Journey

Having a feeling that someone once said that every story is like a journey, I searched on Google for "story like a journey" and was rewarded with 27,500 hits. Turning things around, I then searched for "journey like a story" for which, to my surprise, there was only one hit.

Does this simile work in only one direction?

A friend recently told me of an Arabic saying: "Every journey is a symbol of the real and ultimate journey". It all makes me wonder where this journey of mine is going to lead.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

I'm really looking forward to reading the stories!

Rod Duncan said...

Ummm... me too. But until I setp out the door, camera in hand, and get properly under way, I am also nervous. Will people open up and tell their stories?

However, based on my experience of the human condition, I think the real question is more likely to be, will I be able to stop them for long enough to shoehorn a word of my own into the conversation?

Let's not call it nerves. Let's call it anticipa... tion.