Monday 28 January 2008

A Thousand Miles

There have been a number of different beginnings to this journey. The point here I had the idea. Writing a proposal. Getting the proposal accepted. My first steps with a journey to the Readers' Day in Matlock.

But now, after a bit of a lull over the Christmas period, it feels as if things have really started. In the last few days I have been arranging a schedule of visits to readers' groups in Leicester, Leicestershire, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Derby, Derbyshire, Lincolnshire, Rutland and Northamptonshire.

I believe the steering group which arranges things for readers' groups around the East Midlands will be meeting today. They have been helping me to make the arrangements.

Confucious is often quoted as saying 'a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.' By my reconing, this literal joueney will be roughly a thousand miles. Perhaps a shade more.

No comments: